Pictured: Major Crime Detectives working within the Coober Pedy community on the Karen Williams murder case
The South Australia Police Branch responsible for investigating the state’s most heinous crimes is to be expanded.
Major Crime Investigation Branch (MCIB), which is responsible for tracking down murderers and putting them before the courts, will expand from its current 20 investigators to 34. Continue reading
Wednesday, 4 December 2013 10:20am
Update in Monash murder investigation
Police are following ‘positive lines of inquiry’ into the murder of a man at Monash, in the state’s Riverland.
Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins, from the Major Crime Investigation Branch, said there had been eight calls to Crime Stoppers with information, with several positive lines of inquiry being pursued by detectives. Continue reading
South Australia Police (SAPOL) today excavated a small section of land at a commercial factory site in North Plympton
As part of an ongoing investigation into the disappearance of the three Beaumont children in 1966, South Australia Police (SAPOL) today excavated a small section of land at a commercial factory site in North Plympton.
No new information or evidence was uncovered.
This search follows the recent use of sophisticated ground penetrating radar (GPR) at the site, near the corner of Raymond and Kinkaid avenues in the hope of finding Jane, Arnna and Grant Beaumont who disappeared on Australia Day. Continue reading
A decade has passed since someone brutally assaulted Coober Pedy resident Andrew ‘Wilbur’ Williamson in his Tupper Close dugout and left him to die, but police have never stopped the hunt for his killer.
- Wilbur’s brother Robert Williamson appeals for family closure to his brother’s murder
This week the Major Crime Investigation Branch has issued a renewed appeal for information through Crime Stoppers, with Mr Williamson’s older brother, Robert, also asking anyone with information about the callous murder of his sibling to come forward.
A $200,000 reward has been offered by the State Government for information which leads to a conviction in the 2003 case. Continue reading
Missing man Jason Neil Richards
The disappearance and search for missing person Jason Neil Richards has been declared a Major Crime.
Police hold grave fears for the safety of Mr Richards who’s family have not heard from him since he sent them a text message from Coober Pedy on the 20th June.
Major Crime Investigation Branch will be taking over the coordinating role of the investigation together with Detectives from the Far North Local Service Area.
Senior Sergeant David Kennedy Acting Operations Manager Far North said today, “we are not sure what’s going on at the moment, but ‘major crime’ will give us more resources”. Continue reading