The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging wind and heavy rainfall for people in the West Coast, North West Pastoral and parts of the Eastern Eyre Peninsula and North East Pastoral districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Moomba, Ceduna, Wudinna, Oak Valley, Cook, and Nullarbor.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
For more information visit: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS65502.shtml
Categories: GENERAL News
Leave a Reply