Over 10,000 sign petition for Firefighters’ Compensation Bill
CFS Executive Director Sonia St Alban and volunteer firefighters will today present the Country Fire Service Volunteers Association’s (CFSVA) petition to the Member for Morphett, Duncan McFetridge MP.
Greens’ Emergency Services and Volunteers spokesperson, Tammy Franks MLC said “Volunteer firefighters will take leave from their daily regular job to show that thousands of South Australians are calling for the passage of the Firefighters’ Compensation Bill.
“It is disappointing to see that the protection of firefighters has not been the priority of this Government.
“The Greens’ Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation (Protection for Firefighters) Amendment Bill has been before this Parliament since 2012 and it passed the Upper House five months ago, yet the Government in the Lower House has not extended its support.
“The Greens will move amendments to the Government’s Bill to protect volunteer firefighters and we hope that the Government will support these amendments in the Lower House.
WHAT: CFSVA petition presentation
WHERE: Parliament House steps, North Terrace, Adelaide.
WHEN: 12.00pm today (Tuesday, 26 November)
WHO: Attendees from the CFS Volunteers Association, Volunteering SA and
– Tammy Franks MLC, Greens’ Emergency Services and Volunteers spokesperson
– Geoff Brock MP, Independent Member for Port Pirie
– Duncan McFetridge MP, Member for Morphett
– Sonia St Alban, CFS Volunteers Association Executive Director
– Roger Flavell, CFS Volunteers Association President
– Jeff Clark, CFS Volunteers Association Vice President
– Pat Austin, Representing the Volunteering SA & NT CEO
– Volunteer Firefighters
Categories: GENERAL News