***CHILDREN IN NEED***
28TH FEBRUARY 2010 2.OOPM PARLIAMENT HOUSE
Meeting point VICTORIA SQUARE BY 1.00pm
Our children come first; disability and mental health services deserve Priority number one!
We must demand that our government get their priorities right.
A DAY FOR ALL SOUTH AUSTRALIANS TO STAND UNITED
WHAT BETTER REASON, THAN THE PLIGHT OF OUR DISADVANTAGED & VULNERABLE CHILDREN.
LETS BE A LOUD VOICE FOR OUR CHILDREN
• Our disability services funding receives the lowest PRIORITY in the country.
• Our mental health funding receives nowhere near the percentage of funds to match its needs.
• 400 children languish on Novita’s critical waiting list, with out hope in sight.
• Early intervention and rehabilitation services are being left on the back burner.
• The findings of the Mulligan report including 100 suspicious deaths are being ignored!
• Victims of abuse in state care have received an apology, so where is their fair go?
• Disability services are being cut back, while demand and operating expenses rise.
• Social inclusion campaigns that have proved successful overseas are being ignored!
• Family’s SA needs a complete overhaul along with the Family Court.
• Funding for our education system and private schools to support children in need is pitiful.
• South Australian Carers are not receiving the support they need.
There are many holes in the fabric of our society; best we fix them before any more children fall through.
Our Government can’t find $4.5 million to clear Novita’s Critical waiting lists, yet easily find $5 million for consultants. In fact just before an election they find a mysterious 600 million, yet have been reducing and cutting funds for Children’s services in general. Social inclusion campaigns and early intervention save huge taxpayer dollars, yet our government can’t seem to see further than the time between elections.
The rock eisteddfod, emergency housing, and our indigenous population are also in despair.
LETS SHOW WE ARE SEEING RED: PLEASE WEAR RED OR BRING RED BALLOONS
THIS WHOLE SITUATION SHOW’S THE GOVERNMENT’S CONTEMPT FOR OUR COMMUNITIES PRIORITY’S, THEREFORE “CHANGE IS NECESSARY” LETS INFORM THEM OF WHAT WE WANT, COME AND BE INSPIRED.
For any enquiries, please contact Mark M Aldridge MLC Independent Candidate
08 82847482 / 0403379500 firstname.lastname@example.org www.markmaldridge.com
Categories: GENERAL News